A little bit about me…..
My path to becoming a motivational speaker and life transition coach was determined by my life experiences:
- I started my first business when I was 24, sold it to a multi-national firm and became a high-powered executive making a 6-figure income
- Got married and had my first child, Connor, who died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome at 4 mos. old
- Went on to have my second child who has severe intellectual disabilities
- Left my job and became a national family safety expert and TV spokesperson known as The Safety Mom to help other families struggling with issues.
- Gave birth to my two daughters
- Ended my emotionally abusive marriage in a devastating divorce
- Walked away with no money and was forced to declare bankruptcy and start again
- Helped my mother care for my father who developed Alzheimer’s
- Met my second husband and, four weeks after we were married, he was diagnosed with Primary Progressive MS.
Turn your wounds into wisdom. ― Oprah Winfrey
There were days when the burdens felt overwhelming. But I knew that “quitting life” was not an option for my kids or myself. I knew that if I didn’t learn how to take care of myself, take control and take a stand I would end up sick physically and emotionally.
And so, I took a master’s course on “me.” I studied mindfullness meditation, I immersed myself in lectures and reading from some of the leading experts on empowerment, spirituality and motivation. I consulted with physicians, nutritionists, therapists, spiritual leaders and fitness gurus to learn how to make myself stronger, fulfill my dreams and, in the process be a better mom, spouse, daughter, business owner and friend.
It took hard work, some setbacks, a dedication to reclaiming my life and a commitment to honoring who I knew I was meant to be.
I came to realize that what I’m most passionate about is sharing what I’ve learned in order to help other women release their fear, regain their self-confidence and become happy.